This interactive 8 hour Advanced Occupational Performance Coaching (OPC) workshop is an opportunity to practice and improve your coaching skills. In small and large group practices, and with a standardized patient, participants will self-assess and be provided feedback on their alignment with OPC fidelity measures.
This workshop is suitable for those who have completed the introductory OPC training, who consider Occupational Performance Coaching as part of their therapeutic tools and are wanting to further enhance their knowledge and skills in this area.
- Improve your ability to apply OPC with fidelity (in the way OPC was intended)
- Identify each of the five OPC threshold concepts within your own and others’ coaching
- Recognize your own personal coaching style and areas for further development
- Learn how to navigate challenges in implementing OPC within your service delivery context
Participants will be expected to complete the workshop requirements via an integrated system of pre-reading material, self-assessment of OPC skills (OPC Fidelity Measure) and participation in scheduled group presentations/tutorial sessions. Participants will be responsible for having access to the internet for the online live portions of the workshop.
- Participants will be emailed the workshop notes covering the online presentation content as well as the case studies used in the interactive components of the presentation sessions.
- Online presentation– using Zoom videoconferencing, participants will have the opportunity to attend four presentation sessions. Sessions will include interactive components (ie didactic explanation, small and large group practice of OPC skills, case studies and Q&A sessions) to assist with integrating participants’ newly acquired knowledge and skills. Participants will need to have access to internet facilities and a webcam to ensure that they are able to download and view workshop content, as well as actively participate in the online group tutorials. No sessions will be recorded.
- Individual OPC feedback – In the third session, participants will have the opportunity to engage in a short 10-15 minute OPC trainer-observed coaching session with a medical/health actor. Sessions will be recorded, and participants will be provided with a copy of their session and individualized feedback with regard to their OPC fidelity/coaching skills. A French-speaking actor will be provided for those who request this at least 1 month prior to June 7th.
- The OPC manual is required for this workshop. Should you not have it, please request the discount code and order your copy via Routledge:
Dr Fiona Graham (Fi)
Dr Fiona Graham (Fi) is a Senior Lecturer in interprofessional rehabilitation at the University of Otago, New Zealand. Fiona has over 25 years’ experience working with children and families in public, private, health, and education sectors. OPC emerged from Fiona’s PhD studies at the University of Queenland examining the effectiveness of coaching parents of children facing occupational performance challenges.
Her current research interests include working with families and caregivers, therapists’ uptake of evidence-based practice, knowledge translation, and interprofessional practice. She travels internationally, speaking and teaching on the use of Occupational Performance Coaching across diverse settings.
June 7th 2023 2:00-4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time, Montreal, Quebec)
June 13th 2023 2:00-4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time, Montreal, Quebec)
June 20th 2023 2:00-4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time, Montreal, Quebec)
June 26th 2023 2:00-4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time, Montreal, Quebec)
8 hours of live online sessions (2 hours x 4 sessions). Sessions will not be recorded.
Cette formation se déroule en ANGLAIS (This workshop will be taught in English)
Approximately 1.5 hour of individual preparation prior to each session
Live online; Zoom link will be sent to you a few days prior to the initial start date.
Early bird registration fee prior to April 1st 2023: $475.00 CDN add 50$ CDN to registration fee after April 1st, 2023.
Upon payment, Paypal will immediately issue you a receipt.
Cancellations must be in writing and received prior to May 29th 2023. A $50.00 CDN administration fee will be charged. No refunds after this date. Choose to Learn reserves the right to cancel the conference and will refund registration fees.